Can you make your Snapchat account private? Yes, you can tweak in-app privacy settings to make your Snapchat account private. Let’s dive deep into the topic.
A private Snapchat account keeps your life supersecret with your certain friends, so the rest of the world will not know what’s happening in your life. Do you want to make your Snapchat account private to live a great social life with limited people? Then, you are reading the right article but can’t make your Snapchat private with a single tap.
Yes, making your Snapchat account private is possible, but more than one tweak in your account settings is required. These changes may also protect your account from cyberstalking and activities like Snapchat username reverse lookup. We have covered almost everything about this for you. Let’s move further.
The Advantages of A Private Snapchat Account
The main advantages of a private Snapchat account are–
- You’ll communicate with friends only.
- You’ll receive snaps from your friends only.
- Only your friends will see your stories.
How to Make Your Snapchat Account Private?
The following steps are to make your Snapchat account private:
- First, open the Snapchat app.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Next, tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
Change Who Can See Your Location
If you don’t want to share your location with friends, change the following settings–
- Under “Privacy Controls,” tap “See My Location.”
- Enable Ghost Mode, so none of your friends can see your location.
- Alternatively, you can choose one of the following options–
- My Friends– Allow knowing your location to all friends.
- My Friends, Except…– Disallow knowing your location to certain friends.
- Only These Friends…– Allow knowing your location to certain friends.
Change Who Can Contact You
If you want only friends can contact you, not all your contact, then make the following changes.
- Go back to “Privacy Controls” and tap “Contact Me.”
- Now, choose the option “Friends.”
Disable The See Me In Quick Add Option
If you don’t want, Snapchat won’t suggest your account in the Quick add list of your contacts and friends of friends, so turn off the following settings.
- Go back to Privacy Controls and tap “See Me in Quick Add.”
- Finally, tap the turn off the option “Show me in Quick Add.”
Thus, you’ve successfully tweaked your privacy settings.
Change Who Can View My Story
If you want to limit the number of people who can view your stories, then make the following changes–
- Go back to Privacy Controls and tap “View My Story.”
- Now, choose the “My Friends” or Custom” option.
If you choose “My Friends,” then all your friends will see your stories. After tapping “Custom,” you can choose people from a list who can view your story.
You can also make a private story on Snapchat separately. The next section of this article covers it in detail.
How to Make A Private Story on Snapchat?
As you can share your stories with close friends on Instagram, similarly, you can choose the audience for your private stories on Snapchat. This way, you share your Snapchat stories with certain friends, and other Snapchat users can’t see these stories.
The following steps are to make a private story on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Now, tap “New Private Story” and select the people who can view this private story.
- Next, tap the “Create Story” button.
- Finally, name your story and tap the “Done” button.
Thus, you’ve created a new private story shared with certain friends only. This will appear under My Stories. You need to select this private story to share your moments with friends added to this group.
Why Make Snapchat Private?
There are many reasons why one should make Snapchat private.
- To ensure only related people are viewing your Snapchat stories.
- Only known people and friends can see your pictures and videos.
- Strangers and stalkers can’t misuse your pictures, videos, and posts.
- Share sensitive or controversial content with like-minded people without worrying about being trolled.
In this article, you’ve learned how to make your Snapchat private. I hope you have gone through every step clearly and made the necessary changes to make Snapchat private from strangers. If this post was useful, please don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.